Internal Complaint Committee
Constitution of ICC-SHW for considering complaints of sexual harassment of women employees at Technology Development Board (TDB)
1. In compliance with the instructions of National Commission for women and guidelines issued in implementation of the directives of Hon’ble Supreme Court Judgement dated 13th August, 1997 in the case of Visakha and others vs. State of Rajasthan and Others on the subject of sexual harassment of women in the workplace, this Office had duly constituted a Complaint Committee for considering complaints of sexual harassment of women working in Technology Development Board (TDB). The composition of the Complaints Committee was revised subsequent to transfer etc. of the existing Chairperson/Member. This Committee in TDB has now been re-constituted on 30th June, 2022 for considering complaints of sexual harassment of women employees. The details with regard to the Act & rules, role, functions etc. of ICC are as given below:
- Following members of ICC attended the meeting:
Prohibition and Redressal) Act and Rule 2013
Development Board (TDB) along with Contact details
Complaint Management system titled “Sexual Harassment
electronic box (She-box)”
2. Complaint regarding Sexual Harassment against women can be made either in paper form or by sending e-mail to icc-sh[at]tdb[dot]gov[dot]in. The Act stipulates that aggrieved woman can make written complaint of sexual harassment at workplace to the ICC or to the LCC (in case a complaint is against the employer), within a period of three months from the date of incident and in case of a series of incidents, within a period of three months from the date of last incident. As per the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Rules, 2013, in case the aggrieved woman is unable to make a complaint on account of her physical incapacity, a complaint may be filed inter alia by her relative or friend or her co-worker or an officer of the National Commission for Woman or State Women’s Commission or any person who has knowledge of the incident, with the written consent of the aggrieved woman.
3. Ministry of Women & Child Development launched an online complaint management system titled Sexual Harassment electronic -Box (She-Box) on 24th July, 2017 for registering complaints related to Sexual Harassment at workplace. The SheBox is an initiative to provide a platform to the women working or visiting any office of Central Government (Central Ministries, Departments, Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous Bodies and Institutions etc.) to file complaints related to Sexual Harassment at workplace under the Sexual Harassment of Women at workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013.
4. Once a complaint is submitted to She-Box, it will be directly sent to the Internal Complaint Committee (ICC) of the concerned Ministry/ Department/ PSU/ Autonomous Body etc. having jurisdiction to inquire into the complaint. The She-Box also provides an opportunity to both the complainant and nodal administrative authority to monitor the progress of inquiry conducted by the ICCs.
5. Composition of Internal Complaint Committee – Women (TDB’s ICC-SHW)